on 25-07-2018 09:08 AM
I was wondering if there could be a flag for matters where we are inviting a party just to consent/nominate the title? At the moment a few of our production invites go through to our discharges team, particularly in WA.
on 31-07-2018 10:52 AM
Thank you for your feedback, and to better understand the problem you are encountering with consent/nomination invitations incorrectly going to the discharges team are you able to help me clarify for me the following;
1. Are these invitations sent in the role of 'Consentor'?
2. Or are these invitations sent in the role of 'Mortgagee on Title'?
3. If sent as 'Mortgagee on Title', do they only need to provide a consent/nomination?
4. Or if sent as 'Mortgagee on Title', it does require consent/nomination and discharge but separate teams complete the documents?
on 03-08-2018 10:59 AM
I hope the below helps, let me know if there's anything else
1. Are these invitations sent in the role of 'Consentor'? In NSW, we can be invited as 'Consentor' and 'Mortgagee on Title'. As we are panel solicitors we can't use the role 'Consentor'.
2. Or are these invitations sent in the role of 'Mortgagee on Title'? In WA we receive the invites as 'Mortgagee on Title' as there isn't anther role but we receive invites in this role for NSW as well.
3. If sent as 'Mortgagee on Title', do they only need to provide a consent/nomination? Yes, for NSW/Vic production files. In WA, we need to provide the original title details.
4. Or if sent as 'Mortgagee on Title', it does require consent/nomination and discharge but separate teams complete the documents? The discharges team handles both documents for a discharge file. I'm trying to redirect the invitations where we have been invited as mortgagee on title but we aren't releasing the security.
on 06-08-2018 01:28 PM
Thank you for your reply, I understood all the information you have provided.
Further to the details you have provided, is there a specific team that only works on workspaces where they have been invited as mortgagee on title but not releasing the security? If so, can you please explain why/how the WA Team would get NSW invitations, as the jurisdiction is available in the invite?
on 06-08-2018 05:06 PM
Hi @Beck, that's correct, we have a different team for files where we are making the title available for another party to lodge a document however we are not discharging the mortgage on title.
Sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned WA and NSW in the same line. I just meant to say we can be invited as the role "Mortgagee on Title" in both NSW and WA workspaces however we are not always being invited to discharge the mortgage.
on 07-08-2018 10:41 AM
Thank you again for the feedback and clarifying the requirements as this is extremely valuable for us to continually improve and help make usability even better.
We are currently working on other priority items, however, we have taken all this on board and will look at resolving this in the new future.