20-06-2019 01:38 PM - edited 28-06-2019 11:12 AM
PEXA, together with our Subscribers, has an important role to play in upholding the integrity of the e-Conveyancing network. Ensuring all members are adequately insured plays a key role in this responsibility.
This involves PEXA adhering to Requirement 14.4 of ARNECC’s Model Operating Requirements (MOR), which require PEXA to ensure that its Subscribers satisfy the Insurance Rules in Schedule 6 to the Model Participation Rules (MPR).
Previously, having a conveyancing licence in NSW was evidence the licence holder was insured, however this is no longer the case as someone may obtain a licence without being insured. Read more here. As such, from 8 July, PEXA will be requesting (via e-mail) that all NSW conveyancers provide a copy of their organisation’s Certificate of Insurance for the year ending 2020, in order to keep using PEXA.
We appreciate your assistance in helping us meet these requirements. To allow you ample time to prepare the necessary documentation, you will have until 7 August to provide the Certificate of Insurance to PEXA.
All Subscribers who provide their insurance before 22 July 2019 will have the chance to win a Village Gold Class voucher valued at $100*.
Please note, if PEXA does not receive a copy of your firm’s Certificate of Insurance, your firm’s access to PEXA will be temporarily suspended.
For more information, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
PEXA Promotion Terms – Insurance Confirmation NSW (‘Promotion’)
1. The Promotion is conducted by Property Exchange Australia Limited (ABN 92 140 677 792) of Tower Four, Level 16, 727 Collins Street, Docklands, VIC 3008 (‘Promoter’).
2. By participating in the Promotion, the entrant agrees to be bound by these terms.
3. Entrants must satisfy the following criteria in order to be eligible to win the prize described in paragraph 7:
the entrant must be:
i. a licensed Conveyancer in NSW;
ii. a PEXA Subscriber; and
iii. at least 18 years of age.
4. The Promotion commences on 1 July 2019 and closes at 5 p.m. (Melbourne time) on 15 July 2019 (‘Promotion Period’).
5. To enter the Promotion, the entrant must, during the Promotion Period:
i. Provide evidence of their insurance by sending a current copy of their Certificate of Insurance – Master Policy Schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Only one entry per Subscriber is permitted.
7. There will be three prizes available for three winners. Each winner will be entitled to a Village Cinema Gold Class voucher for 2 valued at $100.
8. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and cannot be substituted for cash.
9. The three winners will be randomly selected from the pool of entrants.
10. The winners will be notified at the end of the Promotion or as soon as reasonably practical, via the email address provided to enter the Promotion.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Promotion is a game of chance. Skill plays no part in determining the winner.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to:
i. disqualify an entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms; and
ii. disqualify any entrant who submits an entry which infringes a third party’s intellectual property rights or includes profanity, is insulting or inflammatory or includes defamatory language.
15. If the prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter will substitute an alternative prize of no lesser value.
16. If, despite the Promoter’s best efforts to contact the winner, a prize remains unclaimed for more than 28 days, the Promoter will randomly select another entrant and the first winner will forfeit the prize.