10-10-2019 10:20 AM - edited 11-10-2019 02:09 PM
Below is a seemingly legitimate email from PEXA – but is it?
There are nine red flags in this email that you should always be on the lookout for. Hover your mouse over parts of the email which you believe to be a red flag to reveal them!
Tell us in the comments below how many red flags you found! Answers will be released next week.
on 11-10-2019 03:27 PM
"Hi there" - should know my/our name
email link to login - I would expect to be advised to login as normal
no formal compliance clauses at base of email
on 11-10-2019 11:41 PM
1. Lisa Dowie usually uses firstname.lastname@example.org
2 pexa with xx as email address
2. Lisa Dowie does not do failed payments
3. The Pexa logo is not fitting on the page
4. Use the link in the email to log in
5. Log in immediately
6. Loose access to your account
7. Payment failure .. not referred to previously .. it is corrective payments
8. Sent at 3.20 am ?
9. " Hi there" to relaxed .. normally it is Hi Michelle