Star Employee
Star Employee
BelindaLeFevre

Transacting NSW Family Law Matters

Dear members,

There has been some uncertainty around processing NSW Family Law transactions using PEXA.  While work was underway to clarify the impacts of such transactions on our ecosystem partners, Revenue NSW and NSW LRS, PEXA asked members to cease transacting these transactions in PEXA, and to utilise the current waivers in place for processing in paper.  I’m pleased to advise work in this area has completed with the following transaction types now back in scope for processing in PEXA:

Transaction

Description

Example

Outcome

(A+B)->A

Where A+B are joint tenants and one is coming off title. 

Divorce

Can be transacted in PEXA. Please see the following Community page for more details.

A->(A+B)

Where A is bringing B on title as a joint tenant.

Marriage

Can be transacted in PEXA.  Select A as the party staying on title.

*NB the above applies to both non-monetary and dutiable scenarios

This clarification will be communicated throughout the ecosystem for alignment across members.  Please contact us via this thread to discuss in further detail.

Happy transacting Smiley Happy

Belinda

Community Super User 2020
Community Super User 2020
Claudia11

Re: Transacting NSW Family Law Matters

Glad to hear it's now been sorted out.

Established Member
ouyann

Hi, Belinda:

Thank you for your message. I have just read the message today.

I have the following question wish ask further:

1). is this "(A+B) -> A" also for mother and son?

2). if it is ok, what is the procedure to make the transfer from PEXA (is there any linked page)? or I have to go to the solicitor?

Your help will be much appreciated!

Sandy

Star Employee
Star Employee
VesnaVranjes

Hello,

The relationship between A+B - can be anything (Husband/wife, Parent/child, friend, siblings etc.)

We have a Community page set up to guide you through a Part Tenancy Transfers: 

https://community.pexa.com.au/t5/Help-Centre/Part-Tenancy-Transfer-NSW-Help-Centre/ba-p/9650

You will need to be registered for PEXA to be able to lodge the dealing through PEXA or go to Solicitor / Conveyancer who is.

Kind regards

Vesna

Established Member
ouyann

Hi, Vesna:

Thank you so much, indeed. I will go and check if individual can Register and do it by our own.

Kind regards

Sandy

Established Member
ouyann

en..... it seems not that easy! also stamp duty and capital gain tax is involved.